Get Started

Learning Mandarin Made Easy!

This video exmplains the Chinese characters at 0:25

Father, seven children killed by carbon-monoxide poisoning, family members say

'Huawei': A foreshadowing name?

Chinesepod's Carlie discusses the meaning of the name 'Huawei' in light of the recent national security concerns of the Whitehouse


Relatives of the man and his seven children who died in their home on Monday said the family was poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator. The Associated Press noted that the mother and stepfather of the man who died said that the Maryland family had been using the generator after the power company turned off their electricity. "To keep his seven children warm, he bought a generator,” Lloyd Edwards said of his stepson Rodney Todd. "The carbon monoxide consumed them." Authorities, however, have not released an official cause of death but an empty generator was found in the kitchen of the home. The family had not been seen since March 28th and that is when Todd’s concerned employer contacted police. Officers then found the bodies of Todd, 36, Cameron, 13, Zycheim, 7; and girls Tynijuiza, 15; Tykira, 12; Tybree, 10; Tyania, 9; and Tybria, 6, at their Princess Anne residence. The Delmarva Daily Times reported that the mother of the children, Tyisha Chambers, 36, was notified about the deaths of Todd and the kids. The Times also pointed out that officials said counselors will be on hand this week at the schools the children attended. Princess Anne is located on Maryland's Eastern Shore in Somerset County. The town has a population of less than 4,000 people.