Louis Jordan, whose family says had been missing at sea for 66 days, is now opening up about how he survived and how he got lost in the first place.

Jordan’s father reported that he was missing on Jan. 29 after the 36-year-old left on a fishing trip. He was sailing on a 1950s sailboat from Conway, South Carolina. The U.S. Coast Guard found him on Thursday, floating on the overturned boat off the North Carolina coast.
Jordan told ABC News that it felt like he was missing for 100 days, not 66. He lost his captain’s log, books and other important supplies when the boat flipped over during a storm. He also suffered a broken collarbone.
“My boat got flipped and did a 180 on me while I was sleeping at night, and I was flying through the air and somersaulting and all my junk and all my equipment, all my GPS devices and everything, even my stove dislodged and it was all flying with me, all rolling around,” Jordan explained to ABC News.
In an interview with NBC News, Jordan said that the boat’s mast broke and his communication gear was damaged. He explained that he is an “inexperienced sailor” and hoped to catch “some big ones” in the Gulf Stream.
He survived eating pancakes and was able to capture rainwater to drink. To catch fish, he used his laundry. In his interviews, Jordan also said that his faith helped him survive as well, as he kept reading his Bible and playing.
When Jordan was finally reunited with his father, it was an emotional reunion. “I thought I lost you,” his father, Frank Jordan, told him after the rescue, reports CNN.
“I was utterly thankful and grateful to the people who rescued me, and I was grateful to God that my parents were not going to be worried about me,” Jordan said.
World News Videos | US News Videos
There has been a critical error on your website.<\/p>
Learn more about debugging in WordPress.<\/a><\/p>","data":{"status":500},"additional_errors":[]}